Bighorn Helicopters began with light category aircraft at the main Cranbrook, British Columbia, location and Blairmore, Alberta, satellite base.
With dedication, hard work and a professional approach, Bighorn Helicopters achieved tremendous growth as it added bases in Fernie and Invermere, British Columbia, and Springbank Airport, Alberta.
Bighorn Helicopters focuses on high-performance turbine helicopter operations, specializing in aerial wildlife management, surveys, capture and control.
An extensive array of helicopter support is provided by Bighorn Helicopters in Western Canada.
The Bighorn Helicopters' fleet has expanded with the addition of a twin-engine BK117 helicopter equipped with a convertible interior (passenger seating or medical capacity), enhancing the company’s ability to offer utility industry support, emergency response and medivac service.
Aerial support includes:
- Mining and exploration
- Remote communication
- Utility support
- Government agencies
- Mountain rescue
- Emergency support
- Privately owned and operated charter helicopter flight centre
- 30+ years aviation industry experience—qualified operator
- Professional friendly team of pilots, engineers, management and support staff
- Eight light and intermediate category utility, executive-comfort helicopters
- One twin-engine heavy intermediate helicopter equipped with a convertible interior (medical, 7 passengers, cargo)
- Diverse charter operation as per the “charters” and “specialty charter” links
- Specializing in mountain flying, Class D Rescue, search and rescue and remote area flying
- One single engine fixed wing aircraft equipped for survey flying
- Goals: safety and customer satisfaction
- Company-wide Enhanced Web-based documented Safety Program including Crew Rescue Management
- Company-wide Quality Assurance Program
Kootenay Business Awards
13-year Platinum Best of Business award winner for Helicopter Service in Kootenay Business magazine
Better Business Bureau accredited
1817 Theatre Rd Cranbrook V1C7G3
A Bighorn Helicopters Astar aircraft on location providing fire protection support; one of many types of flying Bighorn provides.
Bighorn Helicopters provides helicopter support in Western Canada.
Bighorn Helicopters has 30+ years aviation industry experience.
Bighorn Helicopters employ pilots, engineers and management.
Bighorn Helicopters—mountain flying, rescue and remote area flying.