Engine overhauls, carburetors, crank shafts and fuel pumps are all included under major engine repairs.
Downtown Automotive employs highly trained and ASE (Automotive Service Excellence)-certified technicians who use the latest diagnostic equipment and quality parts and fluids to service and repair your vehicles.
Downtown Automotive understands major engine repairs and refers to the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure repairs are performed correctly—the first time—to keep your vehicle on the road as long as possible.
Downtown Automotive offers the best warranty in town—24 months.
Read the following testimonials from satisfied customers:
"I've dealt with Downtown Automotive for years and have always been happy with their work. The staff are professional and courteous in all their dealings. In and out quickly, without a lot of unnecessary work to pay for. I have recommended them before to friends and strangers and would do so again."—John D., South Slocan
"I think you guys do a great job at customer service. I feel confident that my vehicle is well looked after. Thank you."—Lori C., Nelson
Services and products offered:
- Oil changes and tune-ups on all makes and models of cars and trucks
- Engine repairs, replacements and performance checks
- Major engine repairs—fuel injection and carburetors
- Suspension and steering repairs
- Brake repairs—including ABS (anti-lock braking system)
- Tune-ups and retrofitting
- Mufflers, clutches, shocks and struts
- Wheel alignments
- Tires—mounting, balance and flat repairs
- Exhaust system—lifetime warranty
- Cooling system and air conditioning—service and repair
- Transmission—new and rebuilt service and repair
- Prepurchased inspections
- Brake and lamp inspections
- Maintenance inspections
- Factory-scheduled maintenance—30,000; 60,000 and 90,000 kilometres
- Sufficiently stocked factory parts and fluids
- Computer diagnostics
- Electrical system diagnostics and repairs
- Current diagnostic equipment
- Extended warranties
- Government inspections
- Online appointment scheduling
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed Saturday and Sunday
Kootenay Business magazine
Gold 2012 Best of Business award for Auto Service
Interac, Visa, MasterCard, Cheque, Cash, E-Transfers
Brands and suppliers
General, Continental, Falken
316 Stanley St Nelson V1L6G6
Downtown Automotive services all makes and models of used cars and trucks.