As a gem hidden in the Kootenays, Helena's "In Stitches" first opened its doors in 1998 in Warfield. Helena Edmison, owner, has spent many years centred around sewing and providing exceptional—above and beyond—service to every client, adding that personal touch of quality and care.
From the treadle sewing machine (foot-pressed technique) to the computerized Janome sewing machine, Helena does it all.
Planning a wedding—take the stress out of the most meaningful day of your life.
Leave all alterations up to Helena! Her wisdom and extensive knowledge allow her to fit and alter the wedding gown and the outfits of the entire wedding party.
Is graduation just around the corner?
Bring your grad dress into Helena's "In Stitches" for tailoring and custom alterations—let your dress fit you perfectly on your special day.
Helena's "In Stitches" isn't just about offering seamstress services!
Window blinds and draperies
Does your home or office require custom blinds or custom draperies?
Trust Helena to accurately record window measurements, help you choose from samples, explain how each blind operates, order your choices, install the custom blinds and draperies and back up the warranty.
Discounts are offered on custom blinds during the spring and autumn season—call Helena for further details.
Be sure to inquire about replacement draperies for RVs and campers.
Did you know?
Helena's "In Stitches" sells traverse drapery rods.
Alterations • Tailoring • Seamstress • Hemming • Custom Window Blinds • Window Draperies • Valences
Custom window blinds include:
- Roller solar shades
- Wood—2 inches and 2.5 inches
- Faux wood—2 inches and 2.5 inches
- Roman—custom handmade
Custom draperies products and services offered:
- Residential and commercial blinds
- Sample books—an extensive selection of draperies to choose from
- Replacement draperies for RVs and campers
- Drapery rods
- Traverse rods—can be ordered and repaired
- Traverse rods—Helena will restring
- Window measurements
- Operations of blinds—how they work
- Online ordering
Seamstress services offered:
- Standard alterations—sleeves, pants, suits, suit jackets and outfits
- Graduation dresses—tailoring and alterations
- Wedding gowns—tailoring and alterations
- Wedding party fittings
- Home decor—pillows, shams, duvet covers, bed skirts
- Zipper repair and replacement
- Free delivery—within the Trail and Warfield vicinity
- Delivery—charges apply to long-distance travels
- Free estimates
- Special or custom orders
- In-home consultations
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed Saturday and Sunday
First year in business
Brands and suppliers
Graber (Springs), Habitat Blinds, Ontrack, Janome, Unique Fine Fabrics, Reflections, Unique, Everyday Lux
Sample books—an extensive selection of draperies to choose from—Helena's In Stitches.
Bring your grad dress into Helena's In Stitches for tailoring and custom alterations.
As a gem hidden in the Kootenays, Helena's In Stitches opened its doors in Warfield, 1998.
Helena Edmison, owner of Helena's In Stitches, spent many years centered around sewing.
Trust Helena's seamstress abilities to accurately record window measurements.