What is hydronic heating?
Hydronic heating is a safe, comfortable, economical and flexible way to heat any home or commercial building.
Hydronic systems circulate hot water from a central boiler to radiators, baseboards, radiant floor coils or radiant tubing in ceilings of each room through pipes.
Whether you're undergoing renovations (replacement heating system) or new construction, hydronic heating is a smart option.
Advantages of hydronic heating:
- Heat is evenly distributed—forced air from a furnace creates hot and cold drafts
- Hydronic systems heat by convection and radiation without the use of system blowers
- Hydronic heating systems radiate heat through a sealed system (home is cleaner and you are healthier)
- Very quiet—no noise from air moving in ducts, loud blowers or large motors from furnaces
- Minimum movement of allergens and dust particles
- Space saver—no extra ductwork (resulting in reduced square footage in your home or business)
- Heating zones allow you to customize the heating level per room
- Have warm feet through in-floor radiant heating
- Sustainable—alternative energy sources (ground-source heat pumps or solar panels) can be combined with a hydronic system
- Adaptable—heats anything around the home (greenhouses, garages, swimming pools, hot tubs, spas and more)
Hydronic heat is usually in one of three basic configurations:
1. Simple wall-hung boiler
2. Traditional boiler and indirect tank
3. Expanded system
Products and services offered:
- High-efficiency hydronic systems
- Solar heating
- Geothermal heating
- Infloor heating
- Plumbing and gas fitting—new construction only
- Snow melting
Owner and certified technician
Industry Training Authority (ITA)-certified heating technician and geothermal technician
Canadian GeoExchange Coalition (CGC)-accredited geothermal installer, geothermal designer and qualified company
2336 Goose Creek Rd Castlegar V1N4T5
Call MBN Mechanical for multi-fuel and hybrid system maintenance.