Trowelex Rentals & Sales in Castlegar is pleased to provide Bobcat equipment, Honda Power Equipment, industrial and construction equipment rentals throughout the West Kootenay. They have been serving the community for more than 50 years and are 100% Canadian owned and operated.
Rental equipment for your next job
Working on a large project? Are your tools broken? Want to try something before comitting to a purchase? Whatever your reason, Trowelex offers a wide variety of tools and equipment for rent. They always have the right tool for the job, made by the best brands in the industry!
• Heating, cooling and ventilation Trowelex has a diverse line of air-moving equipment to handle any job. Heating, cooling, ventilation, and engineering control - they have a mover for you!
• Man-lifts So you need to get elevated to do your work. Trowelex carries a wide range of products to help you get the job done. They can take care of your fall protection needs, and offer lift training that is WCB and industry recognized.
• Material handling Trowelex supplies material handling equipment, such as dollies, forklifts, panel jacks for drywall and pallet movers. They also carry the Air Sled, a truly unique product. Move your appliances across delicate flooring on a cushion of air. Up to 650 lb capacity, for smooth surfaces only. You can move your stove with your pinkie finger!
• Portable power Your portable power needs are covered, with Trowelex. They have generators and light towers to keep your work space illuminated and the electricity flowing.
• Pneumatic equipment From 185 to 1600 CFM, Trowelex carries a wide selection of towable compressors. They also have a wide range of air tools, including: rock drills, breakers, chippers, venturi fans and more!
• Welders You will find a wide selection of welders, cables, and accessories at Trowelex. From small MIG welders to 400 amp+ arc welders, portable electric to diesel powered skids, contact their staff team today to discuss your needs, and to check pricing and availability.
• Pumps At Trowelex Rentals & Sales, they can help you move water. From electric submersibles 3/4″ to 10″ and centrifugals from 1″ to 3″. They also carry high-volume towable units 4″ and 6″.
• Portable toilets Whether it's for your job site, wedding or other occasion, Trowelex can provide portable toilets, and wash stations to keep your people happy and your site clean. We carry Poly-John® Brand toilet systems. We take care of your unit with available weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or on-demand pumping and cleaning. Our wash stations come equipped with water (non-potable), and paper towels, and are available in 2-person or 4-person configurations.
Q&A with Trowelex Rentals & Sales
I want to rent equipment, but do not have a charge account. What do I need to rent equipment from you?
If you want to rent from us, please be sure to have at the time of rental, a current photo ID card, and either a Mastercard, or Visa Card to use as security deposit. You also must provide site location, if not at your residence.
I don’t have a credit card, can I still rent?
Yes, however, you will have to provide a cash deposit at the time of rental. We can process cash, or debit. Please contact us ahead of time to find out the deposit amount.
Do you accept American Express?
No. Cash, Visa, Mastercard, and Interac Debit are the only forms of payment accepted.
I rented an item for a day, but was charged for 2, what’s up with that?
As noted on your contract, the duration of equipment use is taken into consideration with respect to rental charges assessed. Some of our equipment is equipped with hourmeters. Our standard day is based on a single 8 hour shift. Once you exceed that first shift, you will be charged 1.5 the daily rate for use up to 16 hours, and charged double the daily rate for use 17 – 24 hours.
I have a rental, but cannot return the item due to extenuating circumstances, what can I do?
We can help with that. We offer delivery and pickup services. Call us for more information, or to schedule your pick up.
The item I rented is broken/does not work, and I did not damage it. What can I do?
Call us immediately to report the failure. You can then bring the item back for repair or replacement, depending on what the quickest solution is, and we will adjust your rental contract to not charge you for the down time.
The item I rented was stolen. What do I do? What is going to happen?
First thing is to contact the police and file a complaint. Once you receive your file number, contact us to report the item stolen, and provide the police file number. We will then work to find the most amicable solution. Without a police file number, you will be charged for the replacement cost of the item(s) you rented.
I need to rent a Bobcat loader or Manlift, but don’t have a training certificate. Can I still rent the item?
No. We require proof of competency training before the item will be released to your custody. We do offer Manlift and Bobcat Loader and Excavator Training. Please call in advance to book your course.
Contact Trowelex Rentals & Sales To find out how Trowelex can help with your upcoming job, call 1-888-365-3315 or visit the location at 4450 Columbia Ave. in Castlegar, British Columbia.
Hours of operation Monday through Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Closed Sundays and Statutory Holidays
Notable awards and achievements Featured on the Front Cover of Canadian Rental Service magazine (September 2018 issue) recognizing 50 years in business. We are a principal supplier to CannaFest in Grand Forks. Received Gold Award for Rental Equipment Services and Equipment Rental for the West Kootenay Region by readers of Kootenay Business Magazine Trowelex continues its commitment to community enrichment with sponsorships and donations to various community events and causes including: Pass Creek Fall Fair, Kootenay Festival, Sun Fest, Castlegar Winterfest, Castlegar & District Hospital Foundation, and more.